Wednesday, June 08, 2005

For Mike; WNBA; the Finals

"My goals are to play the piano and get really, really, really fat."

I know why his name is DMX. Because his real name is Earl. Imagine if his name was Earl the rapper.

More importantly, I watched ten minutes of the Sun/Storm game last night. That's right, the WNBA. They can play. I think I could play with them, but they can play. 8 or 9 straight shots made, a couple of good steals, some solid passing. Hard D. If the Pistons played that hard all the time they would beat the spurs. But they wont. So I don't know who will win (though everyone else predicts the Spurs). Maybe so. But I'll tell you what. Tayshaun Prince is the X-factor. No matter how good Sheed plays, he wont outplay duncan. Wallace/Mohammed will be in Ben's favor, but not by much (Nazr is solid around the basket). Parker/Chauncey is key, but will be a wash throughout the entire series (i.e. each will have their games). Manu is a stud. Rip will get his. Bowen will do nothing. It's about Tayshaun. He's a tremendous defender and I don't think there's anyone on the Spurs to guard him. Barry can't. Bowen is on one of the guards. And if Bowen is on Tayshaun, I think Tay is still too long for him. So. . . if Tay plays great (15-19 points, 7 boards, 4 blocks+steals, 2-3 assists), I think the Pistons win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home